The Line Cook Position is responsible for the preparation of legendary, high quality fresh food. Prep is dedicated to the freshness, appearance and standards of all Edgar’s Restaurant products while ensuring a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY café environment. If you enjoy making people smile while working with a great team and being part of a Company that is a great place to work, we want you as a Line Cook!
Line Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and stock ingredients and products for restaurant operations
- Work with the management teams to plan prep schedules.
- Keep work area clean, organized and stocked, responsible for proper sanitation of the work environment
- Assists management expediting on the line to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Knowledge of all Edgar’s Restaurant menu.
- Listen, respond and resolve all guests’ requests quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate hospitality, respect and a friendly attitude toward guests and fellow team members.
- Resolves any problems and keeps management informed about issues and problems as they arise.
- Provides on-the-job training for new cook team member.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Line Cook Job Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, can read, write, and speak English
- Friendly attitude and team player who will contribute to the culture and standards of Edgar’s Restaurant
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the café to attend to the needs of guests
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter height